How Much Does Roof Cleaning in Kent, WA Cost?
So, question. When was the last time you had your roof cleaned?
If at the top of your head you can’t answer the question, well, we have news for you: you’re going to have to have to do some roof cleaning in your Kent home!
If you don’t, you’re going to have a host of problems such as leaks, a sagging roof, moss and other growth, and so much more!
And if you’re thinking of cleaning the roof yourself, let us tell you right now: it’s not a job for the average homeowner.
But how much does roof cleaning in Kent, WA actually cost? Well, keep on reading as we delve deeper into this topic!
How much does roof cleaning cost?
So we’ll answer this question right away. The typical price range of a roof cleaning job ranges from $370 to around $600.
Why the high range of cost, you ask? Well, the job will depend on the cleaning method used, how dirty your roof is, the size of the roof, and so on.
If your roof is in really bad condition, you might find yourself paying for $1000 or more! On the flip side, if your roof is small, simple, and doesn’t really need as much cleaning, you’ll end up paying only around $200 or even less.
The factors that affect the pricing
Let’s take a closer look at some of the factors that professional roof cleaners look at before sending you the billing:
The roof size and roof type
This by far is the biggest indicator of how much money you’re going to shell out. And if you think about it, it makes sense. After all, the bigger the roof, the more time it will take to clean it, and the more effort the cleaners will exert.
Roof materials also matter. There are flat roofs made of tar and gravel/rubber. There are also roofs with shingles, wood, tile, and even metal.
For each kind of roof material, there are different cleaning methodologies.
The cleaning method to be used
As mentioned above, not all roofs are made with the same material. For example, if you have a flat rubber roof, and your neighbor has a roof made of asphalt shingles, cleaners will use different cleaning methodologies.
Also, if one roof is dirtier than the other, then the cleaning method has to vary. The usual cleaning methods are:
- Chemical wash. This is used if your roof’s problem is moss, algae, lichen, or other kinds of living growth. And despite the name, this method is pretty gentle for any roof. The price range for this is $.20 to $.30 per square foot.
- High-pressure wash. It’s really nothing more than just cleaning with a standard pressure washer. It blasts off all kinds of dirt and muck. However, the pressure can remove shingles, so it’s not a good method to use for some roofs. It also won’t kill any moss. The price for this is $.20 to $.70 per square foot.
- Low-pressure wash. It’s less intense than pressure washing but powerful enough to clean. It also has some gentle chemicals mixed into it to be able to kill some living growth. The range for this is between $0.30 to $0.70 per square foot.
- Soft wash. It’s similar to low-pressure washing since it’s a combination of pressured water and chemicals, but it’s gentler and has more specialized chemical mixtures that can remove algae, moss, mildew, bacteria, and some stains. It’s more expensive than pressure washing, ranging from $0.30 to $0.75 per square foot, but we bet you’ll be Googling “Soft Wash roof cleaning near me” because it’s a really effective method to clean the roof!
Other factors to consider
- If you have a two-story house, that will be more expensive, since it will mean cleaners have to work on higher ground.
- You might also need roof treatment, roof repair, gutter cleaning, and so much more. Those are all additional costs.
Do I really have to pay for someone to clean my roof?
Look, we feel you. You don’t really want to spend for some roof cleaning in your Kent, WA home. It may be because you didn’t budget for it or you just want to spend your money on something else.
However, you should consider three things:
1. Do you have the time?
The time it will take for you to finish the job will depend on the size of your roof. What if you have a big house? It might take you hours.
Do you really have time to clean your roof for hours? Don’t you have work? Don’t you want to spend time with your family or do something else more productive?
2. Do you have the equipment?
As you can see from what we listed above, cleaning the roof involves more than just soap, water, and some sponges. You really need more specialized equipment. And if you don’t have them, you’re going to have to buy them to do some gutter and roof cleaning.
All that money you “saved” from not hiring professionals will just go to the equipment… and maybe even more! So there’s no point to it. Might as well just spend on the professionals, right?
3. Do you have the skills?
Again, roof cleaning will take more than just your everyday cleaning skills. Use the wrong water pressure for example, and you might end up destroying your roof. Use the wrong chemicals and you might do the same.
See, successful roof cleaning in Auburn, WA, in nearby areas, or wherever roof cleaners are located takes a lot of practice and experience. These pros have been doing this for a long time - far longer than you! Unlike you, they won’t have to do any trial and error - they’ll just know what to do right away.
Besides, if you try doing it yourself first and you end up doing something wrong, not only will you spend more for a roof repair job, but you’ll also be spending more for a redo of the roof cleaning.
So why not entrust your roof cleaning to pros in the first place?
Get Experienced Roof and Gutter Cleaning for roof and gutter cleaning in Kent!
And if you’re looking for roof cleaning in Federal Way, WA, Kent, WA, or in the general Seattle area, look no further than us at Experienced Roof and Gutter Cleaning! We’ll also be the answer to your Google search of “SoftWash roof cleaning near me” because we offer that!
We believe that your roof is one of the most important parts of your home. That's why we put our best efforts into making your roof look clean and brand new while taking care to not damage it. As mentioned, we specialize in safe SoftWash roof and gutter cleaning.
Our reputation for quality work, responsiveness, and competitive pricing have been the primary factor in our success. Plus, rest assured that all our workers are licensed, bonded, and insured!
Give us a call today to get an estimate, and get a schedule for your roof cleaning in 2 weeks!
We look forward to working with you soon!